WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
This is a very well organised and detailed sake education course. You will gain valuable insights into the world of sake from many different angles.
Honami Matsumoto – Director, House of Sake
An advanced level qualification for professionals working with sake or sake enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking to develop their expertise in sake, this qualification will provide you with a detailed understanding of the production methods that affect the style, quality, and price of sake.
Upon completion, you will be able to assess sakes accurately and use this information and your understanding of sakes to make authoritative recommendations.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you’ll learn
- The main techniques that are used in the production of sake and how they influence style and quality
- The principal and specialty categories of sake
- The sake industry and the commercial importance of sake in the Japanese and export markets
- The principles behind the storage, selection, and service of sake
- How to taste sake, and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake® (SAT)
- The course and the course materials will be in English.
- This qualification has a minimum requirement of 42.25 hours of study time, including 16 hours of classroom delivery time with a WSET course provider.
- Registration is a must prior to the course commencement date (approx. 14 business days)
- Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two sakes. This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
- Candidates are required to complete a two-week online pre-study programme before attending the course.
- You must be ofover 18 years old to participate in any alcohol tasting; however, this is not a barrier to successfully completing Unit 1.
For further information, please refer to WSET Specification for Level 3 Award in Sake
To be confirmed. If you are interested in WSET Level 3 Award in Sake, please register your interests from the enquiry form below.
Please get in touch with us if you any questions about our WSET courses.
We will be in touch with further details.