WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
This course is designed to show you how a humble grain of rice can be made to deliver such a diversity of styles with different flavours and textures. You will also get to know the all-important Japanese names for these styles. These are the fundamental reference points that will enable to you navigate the fascinating world of sake.
Ian Harris, Chief Executive, Wine & Spirit Education Trust
A beginner-level introduction to sake for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in sake.
For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of sake.
You’ll explore the main styles and types of sake through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you’ll learn
- The basic principles of sake production
- The main types and styles of sake
- How to serve sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of sake
- How to describe sake using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake® (SAT)
- The course and the course materials will be in English.
- Has a minimum requirement of six guided learning hours
- Registration is a must prior to the course commencement date (approx. 14 business days)
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions. This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
- Must be over 18 years old if you participate in the tasting components of this course. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
For further information, please refer to WSET Specification for Level 1 Award in Sake
Saturday, March 27th, 2021 9:00-17:00
Please get in touch with us if you any questions about our WSET courses.
We will be in touch with further details.